Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday May 28, 2020 at 10:15
Duct Tape
Loyal Member
November 2008
I just posted a similar topic last week:  [Link: remotecentral.com]

We use the Metra CS-HDM4X1ASW4.  It has optical and analog audio outputs and there are output modes for 2Ch or 5.1.  The unit has been great until recently when IR commands no longer control it properly.  Hopefully this is a problem that Metra can fix since it's a great little switcher for the money.

We use these in small bedrooms and plug the audio output into a HEOS amp and I've not noticed any lip sync issues.

I've been testing a Xantech XT-SW41-4K18G switcher at my desk this past day just in case we need to switch to a new brand.  I really like it so far.  Unlike the Metra, this one has all the connections out the back side and has dip switches to set the EDID mode. (harder for the end user to mess up the settings this way)

Instead of Optical it has a Coax digital output.  It also has a 3.5mm jack for analog output.  It can be controlled via IR and RS232, so that's a plus.  I still need to throw some of our common video devices at it to make sure it doesn't have any issues, but I expect this unit to be our solution if Metra can't figure out what's up with their switcher.
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse