Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday May 20, 2020 at 09:29
lippavisual
December 2007
On May 19, 2020 at 11:35, Brad Humphrey said...
Like crosen said above - how many devices are YOU seeing with headphone jacks on them anymore? And people are usually not bringing any other kind of player with them on trips.
Add to the fact, the guest would need a cable to connect to that wall plate. They 100% are not going to have something like that with them. Although the B&B could give that cable out when guest check-in. Assuming they have a jack on anything to connect to - and probably don't.

Wall plates are dead for situations like this. Even I couldn't argue this point.

Just because YOU think wallplates are dead doesn't mean squat. Look at what the OP is asking for? Have you actually installed a dedicated BT unit for audio only, in multiple locations within close proximity? I know I have plenty of experience with them (not good ones). If you want a simple, no-nonsense system, that won't give you call backs on, then wall plates work.

My Iphone may not have a headphone jack, but I certainly have the adapter to provide that jack.

Same goes for all those hotels that still have Iphone based, Alarm clocks with the 30-pin adapter. You use a cable to get your audio to it.

Do you really think its that hard for the B&B to a) mention it to potential customers b) put the info on their website c) provide said adapters, if needed?

BT will not be the honkydoory experience you're looking for.

Hosting Services by ipHouse