Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday May 19, 2020 at 06:06
crosen
April 2009
I need to setup around 10 zones of audio for a B&B project and am thinking of going Bluetooth for sources. The idea is mostly that each room will have a “personal audio zone” for guests to connect to, and I want them to use their phone as the source, or perhaps as one of several sources. While I’m considering Bluetooth amplifiers, I am also looking at standalone Bluetooth receivers to be used with some kind of DA system.

For the latter, I’m trying to roundup product candidates for the Bluetooth receiver piece and have a few questions.

1. What features should I be looking for beyond support for AADP?

2. Am I correct that most inexpensive receivers don’t allow you to configure the broadcast name?

3. What sort of pitfalls might I run into setting up 10 Bluetooth receivers for this sort of project?

4. How should I be thinking about volume control? Can a Bluetooth receiver’s output volume be regulated from the phone? Or, can the phone only control volume if I use a Bluetooth amplifier that supports the volume control profile?

5. Any recommendations on a solid Bluetooth receiver you would use in a commercial project like this?

Thanks.
If it's not simple, it's not sufficiently advanced.

Hosting Services by ipHouse