The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Friday May 15, 2020 at 19:09
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Before this conversation gets out of hand, a few observations about what's been stated so far and what has not...

XMP is not my strongest when it comes to IR codes and protocols. The likes of Barf and John Fine and others are definitely the most knowledgeable.

@cklieman2
1. I just reviewed this entire thread starting with your first post. Your posts have been somewhat ambiguous and "roaming" from the start without a crisp problem statement. I think your intent to jump onto this thread was because you were trying to use MakeHex and IR panels.

You never mention definitively that you are trying to learn codes for a Dreambox or any other type of equipment, just that you can't learn codes.

Is the issue due to the fact that the "Vitty" equipment will not learn the XFinity XMP codes? Because I see that you were able to learn codes into the TSU 3000 but got stuck there?

I think we've managed to identify that the issue is with XMP codes. You then bring in a manufacturer (mfr - Which one?) and call out a very ambiguous file extension (.sir). Respectfully, I think we all want to move this forward but you have not given us any details as to the source of that file, where you got it, or even the absolute type of equipment for which this is targeting. I did a quick google for that file extension and did not find any good hits. May I suggest that if you were to start a new thread with a specific and clear problem statement of what you are attempting to do and if there is relevant information in this thread, either link back to this one?

2. There is a way to upload files to this site. It is the Files Section. However, I think you are asking Barf if you might be able to send him a file.

3. I'm sure if you were to send email to Barf at the email address on his profile, he might likely get it. However, before blindly submitting emails, consider using RC Mail to start an off-forum discussion.

4. Supporting an open project such as IRScrutinizer requires quite a bit of time and based on the amount of information on the site, I think we all agree that there is a ton of work behind the project. I did the same with for a project named SuperNudelist for many years. Every body appreciates being thrown a "bone" every now and then. However from here, I see that Barf does not solicit nor accept donations.
[Link: harctoolbox.org]

If you'd like him to look at something, please consider the points I made above about additional information and note that things you may consider insignificant are significant pieces of information that we might need to help you farther along.

@Barf

1. Ckleiman2 is just trying to solve a problem and as he joined the site in April 2020 and has 18 posts, many of which are likely in this thread. I suspect, he is likely very new to all this. If you have time to assist and if you were to accept donations via Paypal or some other means, that might be beneficial. Heck, as IRScrutinizer has been staple to me for solving some of my own problems, a little $$$ might show up from me if a means to donate were available.

2. I read your last post and also knowing that English is not your first language, I must admit the the translation that resulted (not sure which tool you used) came across as somewhat harsh.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse