Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday May 5, 2020 at 15:43
gwstudios
June 2004
Well, there are several types of scalable graphics that Apex supports, depending on the formatting you used when you created the 9-Slice .png files.

Any normal non 9-Slice button .png you bring in will scale, but will keep its aspect ratio. In other words, it if is 500 x 500 pixels, it will always be square at any size, and it will never go larger than its native size. This is called stretch aspect.

Then there is full stretch. It will expand in both the X and Y axis to any size, but will become blurry and start to look very odd the more you go outside the normal aspect.

Then there is true 9-Slice. This is the option you want to use if you had a button with 4 rounded corners (for example) and wanted to it to stretch infinitely, but the corner radii remain unchanged.

You set all of these by adjusting the definitions in a 1 pixel border around the original button. It takes some practice, and RTI does have some documentation on this.

I only used full stretch for one particular set of graphics I created. Everything else is aspect or true 9-slice. There is also a free 9-Slice button creator. I'll post the link if I can find it. I create all my scalable graphics manually, however.

Hosting Services by ipHouse