The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Saturday April 25, 2020 at 04:50
Barf
Long Time Member
August 2013
On April 24, 2020 at 18:29, ckleiman2 said...
I did download and look at IrScrutinizer. It appears to do a lot of things some of which I'm familiar and some not. The program also seems much more involved than
using IR Tool to get a device code,

Well, MS Word (or OpenOffice, or LibreOffice if you want) is also much more "involved" than a simple text file viewer...

... modifying an .irp file with that device code and dragging into makehex.exe You gotta admit, it doesn't get much easier than that.

That is an AWFUL usability concept (already 2009)! Fumbling around with the data base file defining the protocol in order to compute with it! My guess is that John Fine (the author) neither could (or wanted) to write a GUI nor a command line interface.

The challenge is to find a program that can identify the IR function by name for each hex code created in makehex. For example; Guide instead of Function 73. Can IrScrutinizer do that? or do I have to cut, paste and verify each code?

You definitely do not have to "cut, paste ... each code". You use the Generate" function instead of makehex. But the "name" of the command has to come from somewhere. If you import for example files from this (or another) forum, they (almost always) come with command names which ARE imported.

Hosting Services by ipHouse