Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday March 30, 2020 at 20:58
simoneales
Select Member
May 2005
Hi Everyone,

I have an unusual problem that i'm hoping someone may be able to help with.

I have an issue whereby clear PVC blinds are creating static while being operated by motors with lithium ion rechargeable batteries in them and that are also using RF remote controls. The problem is that the static is visibly arcing as the blind separates from the roll as it operates, and in particular, sparks are visibly shooting off the end of the blinds to the brackets at both ends looking for earth.

Anti static spray has been applied which did help, but it did not fix the problem entirely.

There is no ground available near the blind, so i'm wondering if there is a device, or a way that i can absorb the remaining static from the blind to a small box i could mount next to, or behind the blind.

My mind draws me towards absorbing with a capacitor and discharging through a light bulb or something of the sort, not that i'm sure how i would go about that and i'm hoping i don't have to Frankenstein something up.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited by simoneales on March 30, 2020 22:46.
I guarantee I'll tell you the truth and I guarantee I'll tell you what you need to know but I can't guarantee that I'll be telling you anything you want to hear.

Hosting Services by ipHouse