The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Monday March 30, 2020 at 09:53
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 29, 2020 at 17:51, Mac Burks (39) said...
Infrared Detector Card. Not super important in a world where everything is IP and Serial but i use mine all the time for troubleshooting. [Link: amazon.com]

An option for the IR detection card (I know I have a couple but not where they are) is a smart phone that has a camera on the face- these (definitely iPhone, don't know for sure about others) do show IR when a remote is aimed toward the lens.

And something we rarely think of for a service kit...but SOOO important. How many times have you had to re-terminate water resistant cable thats filled with grease or gel...or had to dig around in cables that have been stored in an attic.

I don't like the ones with silicone- it works, but squeezes out and heat can cause it to leave the connector. I have switched to Heat N Seal terminals and have never had a failure.

They come in high and low temperature versions- some create a soldered joint, some are crimped and heated.

Man sized nitril gloves.

NAPA has black gloves that are much more durable than many, in case someone doesn't have Fleet Farm/Farm & Fleet, Tractor Supply, etc.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse