The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday March 28, 2020 at 12:40
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On March 27, 2020 at 22:10, Impaqt said...
remotely record? you want the software not on premise?

I'm a complete amateur at this and I am probably having difficulty knowing what terms to use or exactly what you mean by certain terms.

This week we will be using Facebook Live to stream a church service attended by people who are social distancing. I'm social distancing some twenty miles away and I want to record the service.

So the software won't be on the same premises as the service but it will be on the same premise as the recording device, which I assume is a PC.

that makes no sense at all. what are you trying to record and how are you going to stream it off premise?

I am trying to record the audio and video that is going to be live streamed. That, as a thing to want to do, makes sense to me. What about this doesn't make sense?

You ask how I am going to stream it off premise? By connecting to the internet. Aren't most live streams streamed off premise? What would be the need for live streaming AT one premise NOT to an off premise location?
EDIT:

I guess you could just use a phone and facebook live? that "remotely records" it to facebook with an insane amount of compression.

Are you saying that the facebook live streaming process inherently creates a file consisting of the audio and video that was streamed (ignoring compression for the moment)?

Until we get some actual good quality video worked out, this might be enough. I want to do this tomorrow and I have not seen any of the process myself, so it might not even be possible.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse