The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday March 25, 2020 at 13:39
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On March 25, 2020 at 12:46, Brad Humphrey said...
Different Comcast tech came out. Customer has an old Netgear Comcast modem/router. Apparently to reset one of those, you have to hold the tiny reset pin for over 2 minutes (did not know this). I wondered why it didn't seem to reset when I held it for about a minute.
Anyway, that got it working again. So some kind of memory corruption. I did tell the customer if it happens again, it is probably the sign of a deeper issue with that modem/router and they should insist it be replaced.

As he left, he held out his hand and I shook it. I guess old habits are hard to break, especially when we are not thinking. I did immediately go to the bathroom and wash my hands. Got to think: How many people this guy sees a day and if he is shaking all of their hands....
As of this week, we have confirmed cases all over the area. So many, many people are infected here now.

We are on the outskirts of NYC, who has over 30,000 positive cases. Over 600 in our state with the bulk in our county. I'm staying home for the time being.

Hosting Services by ipHouse