The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Friday March 20, 2020 at 06:03
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On March 19, 2020 at 23:43, Brad Humphrey said...
You know, that is a very true statement. Even installer systems I run across sometimes, look like Herman Munster tried to program it.

It kind of sounds like this guy might have some experience programming remotes. But if I'm wrong and he doesn't, he may not understand just how difficult this is going to be.
It never stops amazing me, how people won't understand just how much learning there is to program remotes correctly. 'Correctly' being the key word. Because as I said above, I run into systems that some random installer tried to do and is total dog crap! And they even went to training... WTF! It takes a mindset, some examples, taught GUI theory, and some experience to get it right.

It was just a few weeks ago we had that idiot on here programming his own remote, asking some pretty silly questions. We tried to explain how he was doing it wrong and he wouldn't have it. He just KNEW what he was doing. Yet he was on this forum board asking for help (because he did NOT know what the f^ he was doing).

Anyway, why don't one of you NC guys PM him and see what he wants to do. Might be a small project for one of you to tackle.
That guy that came on here last year (looking for outdoor audio help) and turned out to be in my area - that turned out OK. Didn't make much money on it but it turned out OK and he was happy with it.

From what I’ve seen even if a end user has experience programming a remote, they usually don’t understand how to do it correctly. They usually just have it turned into an expensive all in one remote that requires multiple button presses to do a simple task and they have the interface jacked up because they think they need access to every command on the factory remote.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse