Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday March 18, 2020 at 18:11
AYCL
March 2020
Hello everyone. I have been using some of the more DIY remotes for a while and have not been overly happy. So I have been looking very hard at URC over the last few months.

There are a few local companies that are URC dealers that I have bought a good deal of equipment from in the past. I have spoken to a few of them about the URC remotes and TC and the fact that my wife and I are currently interviewing builders for a new house build in the next few years (looks to get delayed some with this virus pandemic). We already have the house plans done and the house includes a large home theater. We also are looking to incorporate some home automation as well.

My thought was that I need to make sure that I like URC before putting their home automation all in the new house and using their remotes for my new theater. So I was interested in purchasing an MX-990 with an MRF-350 now and use them with my current smaller theater setup. Then I can adapt it to the new house when we eventually move if I like them.

I know that TC is only for dealers and I am fine with that. I would gladly pay for someone to do that work. For the remote, I am interested in doing it myself. I would never ask the dealer for programming assistance and I would be willing to buy the MX-990 and the MRF-350 from them if they supply the software. To me, the programming part is about as much fun as the purchase. If I feel differently down the road, hopefully the same dealer that sold it to me would program it for a price. In that case, I would have no issue paying.

Well, even mentioning the software to the dealers I mentioned above, I have immediately been stiffed armed. Does anyone have a NC dealer that they would recommend that is a little more open minded? I respect that some may not want to do it. I am hoping I can find a local dealer that is willing to partner for the future and be there now and down the road. Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse