The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday March 15, 2020 at 17:14
Dexter88
March 2020
Hi guys ..

Came here via Googling about my issue. Newbie in the forum.

I live in Iraq, and we do not have a dealer for Pioneer or Onkyo, so I had to order via Amazon --> Package Forwarder --> to Iraq via Fedex.

So today I have finally received my LX303 AVR; plugged in my Klipsch 5.1 speakers and started rocking! ..

Upon stumbling through settings, I saw that there is an update.. so I decided to do it :'(

So it was updating through Wifi until it reached about 82% and then it stuck for hours .. came after a while to see the receiver in 'Recovery: NET' mode.

Nothing appeared on the TV (HDMI Out), and the AVR has this text 'Recovery: NET' .. I waited for more than an hour but it is stuck there. I googled about the issue and tried to do hard reset to my AVR via pressing STANDBY/ON + Auto/Direct .. instead of showing 'CLEAR' it switched the recovery to USB mode and the text changed to 'Recovery: USB' .. This gave me some hope..

So I downloaded the latest firmware, unzipped it directly to the root of the USB flash rom, rebooted and when it showed 'Recovery: USB', inserted the USB flash rom into the AVR. After a minute or so, AVR showed 'ERR!! 08-05' .. Googled that as well, turned out that '*-05' means that the AVR could not find the correct firmware files or I have placed the files inappropriately - not in Root.

I have tried all the possible combinations; formatted to FAT, FAT32 .. downloaded different firmware versions (old and new) .. used multiple types of USB flash drives.. but they all lead to the same result. 'ERR!! 08-05' ..

I am really devestated as I have not enjoyed my AVR and I do not know what to do honestly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse