The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Monday March 2, 2020 at 02:09
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
On February 28, 2020 at 21:47, Ernie Gilman said...
This discussion, while actually of eternal interest, was made ephemeral when you chose to use links to targets that can disappear... and they have... making your comment worthless.

That's really too bad. I was interested to see what you were talking about but you left, actually, zero clue.

Such is the 'ephemeral' nature of the interweb: things regularly change. One only has to check the song titles game in the Intermission Forum to see how alterations to YouTube video sharing has screwed up a number of previous links.

As for your complaint, the post is almost seven years old and even I can't remember to whom or what I was referring - though it appears to have been something to do with a local planning application/consultation exercise. The disappearance of the examples, though, doesn't detract from my follow up comments...

"I started this thread as a bit of a dig at our (UK) declining standards of education, but having followed a number of the interconnecting links I cannot see how, given the variety of committee led reports (all full of corporate bullshitspeak), any single person can assess it all and give a valid critique.

Perhaps that's the reason for the dumbing down: they don't want you to understand."

Perhaps your inability to appreciate the main thrust of my comment (without the previously available examples) is, itself, telling?

PS
Having now checked, the first link was to do with the closing of a main road within the city, the second a planning application for some 'rabbit hutch' houses at the end of our street, and the last a consultation exercise on the Herefordshire Local Plan Core Strategy 2011 - 2031.

The first two links have since been rendered moot and the 'Core Strategy' was adopted in 2015, but if you're really that keen...

[Link: herefordshire.gov.uk]

Last edited by djy on March 2, 2020 05:15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse