The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 53 made on Friday February 21, 2020 at 22:48
jhakam
Long Time Member
September 2011
On February 21, 2020 at 19:35, Brad Humphrey said...
I'm glad you got your issue fixed. But let me explain why EVERYONE is telling you not to drag codes into the macro and use aliases.

URC themselves teach NOT to do this. It will cause problems sometimes, because the software relies on the origin of the codes to properly route the IR. It can even not route at all if doing it this way and is completely random. That is why URC themselves tell you NOT to do this.
If you were an authorized installer that had been to training, you would know this. But as a consumer, you have to learn these things from others.
Not really sure why you are insistent you know better, when very clearly you do not.
And being a 'software developer' means nothing in this conversation. Throwing something like that out there, when it has no relevance to this problem, makes it kind of look like you are the one being arrogant.
But I understand, you are getting frustrated at Golden getting frustrated, everyone is getting frustrated. It's just a remote.

By the way, I understand you have equipment that is causing you to need a delay. But I believe in my 25 years of experience programming - see how I threw that in there :) - that you are going about it wrong. But as long as it works for you. It's all good.

I swear people are going to think I'm bi-polar. Sometimes yelling at people and sometimes being passive.

I am not insisting that I know better. I just react negatively to people who do not provide reasonable explanation as to why something has to be or should be done. Here you are providing me an explanation and I appreciate it. This approach will work as long as people stay civil. When they get frustrated without reasonable explanation then you are going to draw a negative response from me. I do not like bullies no matter what they think or do know.

As far as the delays are concerned I have experimented with my equipment to find the best combinations to make things work. As I mentioned there is an HDMI issue that if solved with the next firmware upgrade will change everything. But if you have a suggestion that is reasonable, I am all ears. There is a good chance I have already tried it.

Does somebody have a PDF copy of "Programming in CCP" I can get. Mine disappeared.

Hosting Services by ipHouse