The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 80 made on Friday February 14, 2020 at 16:16
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
Meanwhile, on another forum, a major company that totally controls everything doesn't cover basic intercom functions on an $1800 touchpanel that seems to advertise itself as having intercom functions.

Control systems have scared me off. "If you don't get out of their sandbox" seems to be the way to make them solid and clients happy. Meanwhile, a firmware update and "what happened to my (function) that I made no change to?"

It seems like simpler technology works better and lasts longer. RadioRA, Caseta lighting might go for 20 years, but this fancy control system, big bucks and it has a lifespan of... 8-10 years?

I know there is a lot of good in these products but there is definitely downside if you want to stay friends and keep getting referrals from your clients. For as profitable as they can be, one system that you have a week or two of unbillable hours on is enough to make you leave the industry.

/ramble off
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse