The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 74 made on Thursday February 13, 2020 at 21:38
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On February 13, 2020 at 18:49, tomciara said...
Let’s have the research from the horse’s mouth. I’m here to learn.

In the thread of which I believe you speak, one poster had a technical issue, that *may* pop up in high density situations. What if most of us don’t even see the neighbors’ wifi?

This is your chance to give us the fruit of your research. I’m always interested in the best way to do things so I am all ears.

BTW you don’t have to like it. But diss all your friends here as lazy? Pretty strong.

It is a great solution tested over long periods by many of your peers here.

I have Total Control in my house with JAP, Radio Ra2, 11 Sonos devices, 7 Alexa Dots and one Alexa Show, couple Ring devices, Luma NVR with 7 IP cams, 5 wifi remotes, and more...I switched my wifi out with Eero tonight. I am running it in Bridge mode behind my EdgeRouter. Everything is snappier. Speeds are better and more consistent throughout the house. I tested my TC app which is faster to open, faster to switch rooms and faster to operate everything. Noticeably faster. I didn't have Ruckus, but did have "proper" Unifi gear and just popping Eero in, everything everything WiFi related improved. I am not using Mesh as I put two Eero Pros in where I previously had Unifi, so both are hardwired. So they are in the same locations as before as well, and are covering our 5000 sq ft house with 5g speeds thoughout. The rssi numbers on my Ring devices improved dramatically, even though I did have decent wifi speeds outside of the house before. I am not concerned with my neighbors, we are 2.5 acres. In conclusion, for a product that is super simple to install, flexible as it can be hardwired or mesh, and easy to add on and any point, it works remarkably well.

Hosting Services by ipHouse