Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Tuesday February 11, 2020 at 10:59
FunHouse Texas
June 2013
10 years ago a control system would do its job fairly consistently and reliably with IR and RS232. it worked! now that control systems integrate with many other APP based devices, when the owners of those app based devices make a firmware change - they are indifferent to how it connects with our control systems. so the customer has to call the integrator and pay to have this issue fixed. until the next time. With the app, the firmware rarely affects anything else. no disruption, no service call, no fee. my customer stated that he felt like he had the last integrator on a retainer just to he could listen to music. another customers said his original C4 dealer had gone out of business and to bring in a new C4 dealer to fix his system was going to be $1800. he told me he wanted to rip everything out and put in sonos or Heos.

the larger risk is that many integrators use control systems as a differentiator among others the rely on it for the majority of their revenue. when the target base of customers starts to shrink, the same 100 integrators fight for a diminishing population of clients. Alexa and google has already replaced literally millions of dollars worth of future control system opportunities.
I AM responsible for typographical errors!
I have all the money I will ever need - unless i buy something..

Hosting Services by ipHouse