The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Sunday February 9, 2020 at 12:55
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On February 9, 2020 at 11:29, Joec said...
My 16 year old daughter is constanly using our control4 system and she loves it. Playing spotify or pandora in the room she is in or instantly playing it throughout the house.

She will alway pick up the portable touch screen to browse movies on the kaleidescape. Its just a matter of showing them the system and what it can do

She tinkers with the lighting as well

Does she use a remote or touch screen to watch TV?

My daughter leant use other rooms in the house. And to be fair, she’s got a nice setup in her room. Desk, small couch, MacBook, her own dog, and everything in there is controlled. And she keeps it meticulous, unlike what her siblings do to the rest of the house. I tell her she should save her money and buy a dorm fridge and she wouldn’t ever have to leave it.

But our own kids aside, most teens aren’t exposed to the control systems that we all have. They are learning to use Separate apps for everything. And my daughter’s choice has made me think that kids that learn that method first and are comfortable with it, are going to be more inclined to stick with that method.

At the very least, hard button remotes will become no more. And I think equipment manufacturers will push this to save money, just like TV providers are trying to push customers to use rokus and Apple TV’s to Get their service so they don’t have to provide expensive hardware.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse