The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday February 9, 2020 at 01:52
Archibald "Harry" Tuttle
Advanced Member
May 2009
On February 8, 2020 at 22:55, FunHouse Texas said...
I have had 3 new clients this week tell me they will never use a large control system after having one (none that I had anything to do with). the ongoing expense and maintenance was just not worth the perceived convenience. The just wanted a cable remote and alexa for lights. the challenge will be more integrators fighting over the .1% thus driving down the cost and value.

This has been our main type of client for about a decade. Can't begin to tell the amount of control system horror stories we've heard.

Agreed, if it a sprawling estate a proper control system might be necessary for seamless automation. But in our experience lotsa folks were oversold on poorly implemented McMansion control systems in the 90s and early 2000s, and when they building the new house they have no desire to get involved with another control system. They don't mind app hopping to make things happen... they seem to have a weird fascination with apps and running they whole f'ing life on a phone.
I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's AV trouble, a man alone.

Hosting Services by ipHouse