The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Sunday February 9, 2020 at 00:32
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On February 8, 2020 at 22:31, Fritz Thomas said...
Not in a totally dead sense but he’s right in a trending way. I’m finding that even clients in my age group (upper 40’s, not teens) really don’t care if they use 3 apps to make things happen. I still don’t know how someone would try to control a 250 zone lighting system on a large estate without a control system though - I do agree that many systems I used to automatically think had to be on a control system don’t. The jobs that require major engineering and a crew to put it together will probably still need that level of control. The $100,000 and under jobs that used to get some level of automation might get nothing now, and when they do I’ve seen the same thing - a client playing with the separate apps even though the Control4 app is working perfectly. Just seems to be a movement in use.

A lighting system would be its own control system. Be it Crestron, Vantage, Lutron, etc, it’s an independent system and would have its own app. Although, if customers become comfortable with separate apps for everything, I could see something like smart bulbs becoming their own lighting system. Then having a plug in controller or even cloud system that handles the processing.

Before I didn’t think everything we handle could be replaced with apps and cloud services, but, I’m rethinking that now
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse