Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday February 6, 2020 at 11:54
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On February 5, 2020 at 18:01, andrewinboulder said...
Well Brad, you bring up a good point.

I waffled quite a bit as to which bulb to buy.  This could be the problem.  Normally I do purchase real OEM.

Here is the site I purchased from. It is "OEM" but the price would indicate otherwise. I chose the second option. There were four options to choose from. Here is the site. My disty was back-ordered on the genuine Sony unit. I may return the bulb and wait for the actual Sony unit.

The problem is, the projector may already be damaged.
It has been awhile since I have dealt with it but many years ago, there was a severe issue when using some cheap imported bulbs. They would draw to much current and burn out the igniter circuit in the projector. The last one I fixed was a JVC LCoS rear projector (that tells you how long ago it was).
This is IMO one of the biggest reasons you should use either the OEM bulbs from the manufacture or a quality OEM replacement (like Diamond Lamps).
You should NEVER use some really cheap bulb, from some unknown importer. Otherwise you run the risk of damaging the projector.

Hopefully your projector is fine and it is just a failed bulb. Otherwise, you may have trashed a projector - depending on if it is an easily repairable problem or not.

Hosting Services by ipHouse