Great! Thanks for the update. I'm still working on openweather.org weather implementation. I got actual live date last night as have spent the last week or so gutting my original Yahoo Weather which is 13+ years old to move from wxdata to the new site.
The Weather 3.0 module will support lookup by id, zip, and lat/lon and will support all 3 units (Standard - Kelvin, Metric - Celcius, and Imperial - Fahrenheit). One thing I am going to question is the formatting of date display. Right now, I am doing MM-DD-YYYY. For other countries, users may want DD-MM-YYYY or maybe just standardize on YYYY-MM-DD.
Interested in your thoughts on this one.
I am using a the Philips HTTP module with some very minor modifications to support clients doing their own state management. Philips specifically did not make visible the READYSTATE object in their implementation. I have rectified that.
The Http module does not support via req.responseXML the removal of the XML Preprocessing instruction which to anyone wanting to use this library with openweathermap.org, they need to do custom text request handling and then convert to XML which is exactly what I did to overcome the issue below.
Note that if in the XML response string, the preprocessing instruction is present, you get an error that 'xml is a reserved word'. I have a temporary hack in place until I can get this last one sorted in an updated Philips Http Library ++.