As I have said previously, the changes I made (once I got the TSU7500 with 50% more memory) were only to the DVD section and the CD section. I added in images of CD covers and I added in one totally new CD with its image.
And also as I have said before, if I delete all devices other than the CD and the DVD, I still get the "The CF version is not correct ..." error message.
So now I looked at the configuration that included only the CD and the DVD and I started removing, one by one, the images I had added. After each removal, I tested to see if the SIM would work.
When I removed the 9th CD image, the SIM worked. But then, when I saved that configuration, exited, and reopened it, the SIM once again got the same error.
I then removed the 10th CD image, and once again, the SIM worked. And still once again, when I saved that configuration, exited, and reopened it, the SIM once again got the error.
Finally, I started again with all the CD images, and removed only the 9th and 10th. The SIM failed.
That's the extent of the things I have tried to this point.
Here is a list of the first ten CD images that I removed ===================================:
(1) In CD => Vocal 1 => Burt Bacharach - Volume 1 (2) In CD => Vocal 1 => Burt Bacharach - Volume 2 (3) In CD => Vocal 1 => Burt Bacharach - Volume 3 (4) In CD => Vocal 1 => Tom Lehrer -- Disc 1 (5) In CD => Vocal 1 => Tom Lehrer -- Disc 3 (6) In CD => Vocal 2 => Side by Side => Arise & Shine (7) In CD => Vocal 2 => Side by Side => On Wings of Song (8) In CD => Vocal Other 3 => Barbara Hunt (9) In CD => Vocal Other 4 => Dean Martin - Collection (10) In CD => Instrumental 1 => Out of the Chamber