Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 69 made on Monday January 27, 2020 at 13:51
Richie Rich
July 2002
On January 25, 2020 at 13:23, charris said...
Yes I am imagining things.

Weird that I have also dealt with them and deal with them quite often.

Weird that I had to find two Lutron processors on ebay last year so that two families could have lighting in the home where they spend Apartment buying money $$$ for this system.

Weird that I have to buy phones or pcs every couple of years or even 3-4 years let’s say.

Weird that my customer with the home that won the Crestron best integrated home award and spent beyond what someone can imagine for tech a few years back now has to spend more than a nice car to change his 5 year touchscreens and remotes to new ones that can support a proper resolution and swipe actions.

Weird that customers are now educated, can do speedtests and require wirelessly the bandwidth they pay for their internet connection and their 5 year 20k Ruckus system cannot simply not provide.

I can probably add about 50 more of these in our industry or in consumer electronics without thinking much.

You either accept this is the reality of technology as mentioned above, grow two and deal with it.

All of this is why no small amount of balls out intergrated home ($200k+) systems don't do it a second time.

I am in touch with quite a few legacy clients from former (now bankrupt) employers. Very few of them have the desire to continue the upgrade path on their existing systems and many who have moved or are building new homes express no desire to have things like lighting, distributed video, house audio and the like. A lot of it has to do with the ROI on something that will be rendered obsolete in 5 years and in many cases lacking a clear, easy, (relatively) inexpensive pathway to upgrade.
I am a trained professional..... Do not attempt this stunt at home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse