The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 67 made on Monday January 27, 2020 at 10:08
Rob Grabon
Founding Member
November 2001
Our industry does a poor job of relaying that maintenance and obsolesce with IT related stuff is reality. We focus on the sale and coolness, reluctant to bring up that it's also going to break and cost you money later, this isn't the last expense.

Home owners from experience accept that an appliance lasts 5 years, furnace 20, light switches and plumbing forever, or at least until they're ready to remodel or move so they don't have to think about that stuff.

There experience with IT for much of their lives is, I call the cable company and they bring a new modem/cable box, cause it's not mine, it's just there thing in my house I'm told I need. (How many times do you hear, 'your' system broke, meaning us, it's a thing they need to get what they want, they don't comprehend).

Sure they replace their phone every two, because the cellular industry was smart and "finances" to them for two years. Times up, you're ready for a new one. Similar to their car.

Computers and iPads aren't the same as phones. They fall into our side because 1. it's a purchase and 2. It still turns on, so therefore, it still works for what it was intended. XP, still surfs the web, goes to facebook and email. They're good. It's slow and a virus farm, but still turns on.

Only reason they bought a new TV, cause the old one wouldn't turn on. So now, what do you mean it can't run Netflix anymore, still turns on, you're ripping me off!

Tell them their processor fried/died, won't power on; OK, replace it.
Tell them they need to upgrade it; WHAT!, it still has power, still should work.
Technology is cheap, Time is expensive.

Hosting Services by ipHouse