The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 90 made on Friday January 24, 2020 at 16:22
cma
August 2003
Back to Neil Peart..

Not many people realize that he wrote most of the bands lyrics..

Neil had a fascination with Jazz and Big Band drummers and was always taking lessons from drummers like Freddie Gruber and Peter Erskine while the band was not on tour. If you pay attention to the band you can see and hear his drumming style change over the years.

I've always liked Rush but never considered myself a huge fan. It wasn't until their final tour a couple years ago that I finally went to see them. It was an incredible show. They started with their new music and as the show went on each song they played was chronologically a step backwards. The stage layout and backdrop changed with each song/album to mimic the stage that they had on that tour until eventually the final song of the night was Working Man. For Working Man the stage was set up to look like they were playing in a gymnasium with a single combo amp behind Alex Lifeson, a small bass amp behind Geddy Lee, Peart playing a smaller drum set than his usual and a backdrop of a gymnasium wall basketball hoop and all. An homage to their first live show ever which was in a gymnasium at a school.

[url=[Link: flic.kr]][img][/img][/url][url=[Link: flic.kr]]Rush (R40 Tour) - Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee & Neil Peart[/url] by [url=[Link: flickr.com]]Peter Hutchins[/url], on Flickr

Hosting Services by ipHouse