The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday January 19, 2020 at 13:18
cbpat1
Long Time Member
August 2017
Years ago I bought a MX-780 from Surf remotes and got the CCP software along with the remote. After a little tinkering around, I finally got everything I needed, including all the macros to work for a TV, Surround System, DVD, Cable DVR box and later added a Roku box to the system in place of the DVD player.

After I mastered the MX-780, I decided to try my luck with the MX-890 for my bedroom and purchased a couple MX-890's, one for my wife and one for myself. It was a more simple system, just a TV, Cable DVR box, Roku and a Bose Accustamass receiver. My wife wanted her remote set up differently than mine, so I set each remote up separately. It was different than the MX-780, although not a whole lot, being activity based and allowing the icons for favorite channels which we like.

My question is, has anyone set up the MX-990 and the MX-890 before, and is there much difference? I'm thinking of picking up an MX-990 off Ebay used, and setting it up in my Florida room to take the place of my MX-780, because of it having the favorite channels icons and the backlight when you pick it up.

I love the MX-890 and can't imagine the MX-990 being any nicer, however it is something different to play around with, but if there is too much of a learning curve I would probably opt for another MX-890 instead.

Anybody have experience with programming both remotes?

Hosting Services by ipHouse