The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday January 16, 2020 at 15:21
Old Man River
Long Time Member
February 2008
This is pretty much my standard now. Video distribution is very rarely necessary, and becoming rapidly obsolete in residential

On January 15, 2020 at 22:08, mrtristan said...
Im thinking of doing more systems this way. Less wiring from a central audio location. My first thought was that it is going to be expensive but if you think of the cost of running wires, control processors and heavy duty programming on custom touchscreen controllers, using video matrix...etc...I think it's going to cost less. I didn't even bother putting together a cost comparison. I figure if he decides to add more zones later, it's just another Sonos speaker to install in 2 seconds. It's a money no object type of customer and I'm convinced I'm giving him the best solution. I think the days of matrix video are also short lived. TVs have everything a customer needs now except for the cable box. I can't even remember the last time I used my own. The most sophisticated part of a video system is going to be the HDMI extender sending cable video from a rack of other cable boxes for rooms. Long live the local source/amplifier solution!
Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse