The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Wednesday January 15, 2020 at 15:06
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 15, 2020 at 13:01, Fred Harding said...
At the risk of piling on, Sony documentation and throw distance calculator are very useful.

When installing projection systems, I always check throw and offset for my clients.....

Several years ago, I understood from the guy I was working for at the time that we put in the second G90 to be installed in the US. The manual had a lot of English in it, but it was not entirely in English.

An accident with a complete amateur from a couple years before had taught me to verify installation instructions.

Before I would allow the GC to build a ceiling-mount support for this HEAVY projector, I insisted that they install a temporary screen, open up the projector, and verify the measurements in the manual. We set the projector on the floor and determined the distance that would give us the proper screen width. This was a three-tube projector (9", I think). Too close and we would not have been able to fill the screen. Too far and we would have to have reduced the image size, reducing the amount of light thrown at the screen.

We found that the manual had confused the throw, giving screen to lens in a chart as screen to mount. If we hadn't physically tried the thing, time and money would have been wasted.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse