The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday December 24, 2019 at 13:36
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 24, 2019 at 09:03, highfigh said...
It's not a mater of saving ink, it's saving the cost to create and ship something that won't be read by the vast majority of people who buy or set up the equipment. Paper is heavy- a pdf weighs nothing.

You completely undermine your point here.
I'm not saying they have to print out a manual. I'm saying that the way they assemble it, crucial facts about how to make the thing work are peppered throughout the manual, and processes with several steps are presented with those steps on different pages.

As you said, a pdf weighs nothing -- so why do they insist on separating bits of information on different zero-weight pages?

Which manual has the page numbering problems? Care to post the model number?

There are no page-numbering problems. Instead, the arangement of the information is such that all the information needed to, for instance, set up the second zone, is not in one start-to-finish section.

In order to get the second zone set up properly, I had to call Yamaha.

No, sorry, but I'm not going to crack open my few notes on that system to suss out again what was so difficult.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse