Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday December 23, 2019 at 21:51
CoderMatt
December 2019
Sorry.. The Tivo 2 could take video input from EITHER COAX (channel 3/4) OR RCA plugs (Yellow for video and Red and white for the right and left audio channels) So I was able to keep the Tivo working via that HDMI to RCA box. Whats funny is I never actually watch shows from the Tivo directly, instead I have my own automated program running on my router fetch new programs from it and leave them on a internal network addressable drive. I then play them via MPV on my computer, and I have it correct the aspect of the video from the 480x480 to 640x480. (As the HDMI converter box is not creating the correct aspect, but honestly this output looks BETTER than the original, as normally you lost so much of the video to the black bars, thus the view-able was a much lower resolution. Sure its not HD, (or 4K!) but for much of what I record, I don't care. I like how it uses so much less space on the drive. And if I don't have time to watch, I just compress the video to mp4 and leave it until I can binge watch later. Given the small resolution, that compression is quick compared to compressing 1920x1080 video. And the neat trick is once compressed to mp4, I can from any roku watch the video. Unlike the tivo direct stream, I don't run into lag where playback has to pause.

Hosting Services by ipHouse