The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday December 23, 2019 at 14:25
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 23, 2019 at 13:44, Impaqt said...
It's WAY better to start with what you are actually trying to do.

What you're running into here is that you have an idea what you want your end result to be, you've imagined a way to get there, and you're asking about how to implement the way you've come up with.

But what if there's a simpler way to solve this than what you've imagined, and one of us not only is aware of it but did it once? If we work on your actual problem, a solution can be found. If, instead, we work to refine a solution that might not work, then we'll all be wasting time. THAT is why it's best to start at the start.

If I discover one day that my car brakes don't work, I should ask how to fix them. Alternatively, I could reason out that if I throw rocks in front of my car when I drive, it will slow down. That WILL work, after all. Then all I have to do is ask people how large the rocks need to be and how to easily get them in front of my car when I need to stop.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse