The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday December 23, 2019 at 12:07
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 23, 2019 at 11:00, generatorlabs said...
Well, this is not TW/Spectrum's first rodeo. If they haven't been able to take a hint about discrete power by now then they fully deserve it. The reality is, it costs them nothing to implement, literally.

Since I am making no real modification to their box, other than soldering some wires onto existing joints, they will have a hard time proving I was in there to start. There is no wire cutting etc. My circuit is harmless if installed correctly. And the entire process is easily reversed to make it like OEM again. When I return that box, for whatever reason, they will have to get forensics experts to testify that someone was in there :)

It's not a matter of them not being able to provide discrete ON/OFF commands, it's that they specifically deny anyone using them. I called Scientific Atlanta years ago about the Explorer series and asked if their boxes could work with these and they said they already did, but that T-W deleted them. They did the same for the IR in jack and this was during the time when they used the 8300, which has a curved display lens.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse