Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 23, 2019 at 11:59
CoderMatt
December 2019
Not expecting an answer I want to read, but throwing this out there just in case.

I have a device that can "speak" many older cable box IR protocols. Trying to see if any simple hardware device could be used to "extend" it's vocabulary so that the final output was for the currently unsupported device. Since this device has a "blaster" cable even better would be if this new device could plug directly into the blaster port (looks like a mono 3.5mm headphone plug) and read a number from 0 to 9 and output those same numbers for a currently unsupported device. I know its theoretically possible, just looking for some cheap hardware that could do such a "simple" feat. And not have some big power hungry device for this "last mile". I know the last post that looked anything like this request (that I could find) was from 12 years ago. Just hoping if any said options exist.

So yes I'm thinking I'd have to pick a protocol for the source device, then learn the input vocabulary. Then use the remote for the destination device to learn the output vocabulary. So I'd need to use an IR receiver to acquire the two

I'm more of a software kind of guy, but I've re-soldered many a headphone plug. However anything more complicated than that and I'm afraid I might fry it.

Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse