The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday December 23, 2019 at 07:44
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On December 23, 2019 at 01:32, Brad Humphrey said...
Not sure how long you have been in the game or if maybe you had forgotten. But this all has been tried before... many times in fact. By big companies like Microsoft and at least 1/2 dozen others. They throw millions of dollars at it, dedicate resources, and it always turns out the same. We go thru this cycle about every 5-7 years it seems.
I am curious to see what failure they come up with.

Different world then bud.... it amazes me how many guys still have their head in the sand. If you would have said there would be a network product, just 5 years ago that is mesh, is incredibly reliable and works really good at a $199 price point, would you believe it? No, a comment like this would of come up.

How about a doorbell that not only runs circles, but does flips and tricks around our industry door stations for a 1/4 of the price?

How about Lutron making a $50 dimmer that works just as good as our $200 switches? (They just look weird)

You guys need to wake up. I know this has been tried over and over again. But Apple failed pretty miserably with HomeKit. Combined those companies have trillions of dollars that they need to spend. This could be a doozy for the ones who haven’t adapted their business model.

Obviously the ultra high end market is still there. But when a 6 figure job now gets a ring elite, it’s time to be worried.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse