The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday December 22, 2019 at 20:06
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On December 22, 2019 at 19:52, roddymcg said...
I'd highly suggest doing the same with your advice. I use both on a regular basis and nothing about a Roku makes me think I should have one at the house.
Meanwhile, my girlfriend who has a Roku will be getting an ATV because she likes it better. As do our clients 999 to 1.

But leaving a Roku on auto resolution is no better advice than leaving an ATV in auto resolution.

Please, don't act like ATVs are anything but overpriced, problematic pieces of sh1t. Almost everyone that goes in, comes out because they are such a pita that cause nothing but problems. Used to be an argument could be made for people that were completely entrenched in the apple ecosystem would benefit from a ATV (when it works right). Now with ATV app on a Roku, you can't even make that argument. The ONLY issue I've ever seen on any Roku ever, was the auto with 4k setting. That was it. I've had to yank so many ATVs out of cabinets to connect to clients computer to connect to their iTunes to restore it so it will work once again. The only time I'm happy to see an ATV is when it's at the business end of a sledge hammer

Last edited by goldenzrule on December 22, 2019 20:15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse