Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 19, 2019 at 22:22
MNTommyBoy
November 2010
I'm looking to vent for a minute, so here we go.

I did paperwork with a giant distributor a bit ago with a place called A**0. (I'll adjust the name for the innocent.)

What a sh**show that turned out to be. I placed my first order late Monday (for a Chief rolling cart for a training area). Tuesday I get the email for fill out this credit card form or do a wire transfer. I fill out, sign, scan, and re-email the CC form (just like any other distributor), no problem.

After that, I get an email from the sales rep that says the credit team will not "accept credit cards with a billing address that are not a commercial store front." To follow that up, the next sentence is "Also, our research showed that your business has been in and out of good standing with the state for some time."

WTF!!!! Unreal, not even close to the truth (the address yes (which was clear in my original paperwork, how many of us are one-man shops), but not the standing with the state). 10 years on my own, I've never had anyone tell me that, at least not in print. I understand I'm a little guy etc, but c'mon man.

Anyhow, I told basically told the rep to F off, cancel the order, I've got licenses, pay my taxes, bla bla bla. So much for that. The only reason I added them was to help product mix for commercial jobs... oh well.

Thanks for skimming my post,
Tom
"There's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens." ~MacGruber

Hosting Services by ipHouse