The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 2, 2019 at 13:32
BrettLee3232
Long Time Member
December 2009
Hey, so I have an install with a Viasat router/modem that’s been installed for about a year. It’s plugged into a wattbox 700 dual chassis. Customer called about no internet. Figured it’s another wattbox failure. Bring one up there to find the wattbox is working fine but the Viasat modem has no lights. Tried a different outlet checked the power, re plugged in the power supply etc. nothing. So i tell him it’s either a bad power supply or modem and to contact Viasat.

Technician comes out and swaps out the modem. All good until a week later. Same thing, tech comes out and swaps out modem and thinks it’s the Wattbox causing the issue so he plugs it in to the wall outlet. I ask homeowner if he swapped the power supply. He said no just modem (probably cause it’s nicely zip tied in the rack). Working for about 4 days and dies again. They are going to come out again but want to charge him because they say there’s a power issue in his house. But to my understanding and homeowners understanding they never swapped the power supply.

Anybody with a similar issue?
Knowing that Gold went up a few K makes me think "well now I have to do a better job on selling more equipment".

-Me... Jan. 2014

Hosting Services by ipHouse