Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday November 16, 2019 at 22:58
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On November 16, 2019 at 16:23, tweetymp4 said...
.... if the shorts are somehow isolated (i.e blue and blue/white are shorted to each other but nothing else as are the orange and the orange/white.) The blue shorted wires and the orange shorted wires together make up the two wires....

That is a classic symptom of a CAT wire that was pulled WAY to hard. The wires when stretched will start to cut into each other.

I once came across a job where an electrician was tasked with pulling 2 Cat5e cables thru over 600' of conduit. It had a large nylon pull string in it. When they couldn't pull the cable thru with the strength of themselves, they got the bright idea of hooking the pull cable up to a truck and pulling it thru. They got the cable thru and almost every wire was shorted together.
When I arrived to look at what wiring they had to control the gate system, I was told the story. Electrician with a straight face said "we must have got some defective wire". Needless to say I loudly explained exactly what happened and what f^n idiots they were. They got very pissed with me but come on!!! How stupid have you got to be!

Hosting Services by ipHouse