Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday November 16, 2019 at 14:43
Don Heany
September 2008
Had a client with a driveway sensor that was hit or miss installed be previous homeowner. The leads tested fine per Cartell standards so we assumed it was too far or too deep (or both) from passing vehicles. He borrowed one of these locators (pic he sent me only described it as yellow). Probe was found ~3’ down and as many feet away with a mini excavator without damage and reset at optimal distance. It now works 100% of the time.

Thanks Ernie, I had seen this thread but hadn’t been compelled to tell this story about another cool tool.

My personal favorite possession is a Cable Scout TDR. I’ve had it for about 12 years now and have only needed it a handful of times and it really saved my ass. We should consider a canonical list by location of these interesting (not enough to buy) tools that we could loan out here. I’d love a close by industry friend with a Fluke DTX tester... A couple years ago I lent my Intellifile set to an RC’r and he returned it promptly with a twenty in it. Would like more of my tools to do this, hah!

Hosting Services by ipHouse