The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday November 11, 2019 at 15:50
rguy1
Long Time Member
March 2010
I have successfully used a Netgear LB2120 and Proxicast mimo lte panel antenna on an AT&T data only plan at our business as a back up when DSL went down. The Netgear unit has failover, in that you connect the main ethernet connection from the DSL modem to the input and then the ethernet output to your existing LAN. It switches seamlessly, if the DSL goes down, to the AT&T service and back again, when the DSL comes back online.
I am using it currently, to provide internet (without the failover feature) for a couple of Ring Spotlight Cams at our currently unoccupied commercial building in Bremerton WA, so we do not have to have a contract plan with our DSL provider.
I am wanting to use the best setup for a home in very rural north eastern Washington to provide internet for our home when we move there to retire. I get 5 bars AT&T signal strength, from a mountaintop tower 6 miles away.
Also another setup for our home in Hansville WA. Can only get Centurylink DSL and it is 3 - 6MB at best, we are 12500' from the switch, is what I have been told for years... No plan to improve the network any time soon, if at all. Comcast does not come down our road, Kitsap PUD in laying fiber like mad but, probably years away from having it to our house.
Soooo, any practical advice, experience, feedback, recommendations?
Consumer grade? Enterprise grade?

Hosting Services by ipHouse