Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday November 8, 2019 at 12:44
punter16
May 2011
On November 7, 2019 at 22:54, Audiophiliac said...
I have a client for whom we installed 4 Araknis APs and they have horrible experience with Wi-Fi calling. She uses iPhone. He uses a Samsung Galaxy. I originally had it set up as a single SSID, band steering and fast roaming on. After they complained, I started reading around and decided to try separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5. I turned off both band steering and fast roaming. I had good results with my phone walking around the property on a call and not getting disconnected. They are saying it is still pretty sketchy and seemingly getting gradually worse.

At this point, i an not sure if it's something I need to change in the Araknis 110 router or what. They use AT&T cell service which has mediocre signal at their home. Maybe I should just try a cell booster instead of fighting the wifi calling issues.

We had another job with similar issues and we ended up swapping from Araknis to pakedge. Client said the wifi calling was great after the switch. Who knows. Other clients with Araknis WAPs do not complain so I don't know if they are just not using WiFi calling or what.

It would be useful for manufacturers to publish known issues, fixes, workarounds, and "if you use wifi calling on iOS devices, just shop elsewhere" warnings and white papers for at least dealers.

Interesting...I have issues constantly with WiFi calling on my Araknis WiFi network. I thought it was an Apple thing as I have other iPhone issues that aren't tied to WiFi. I have problems with:

- Wrong voice mail coming up after I listen to one message. I'll play a message, play a second message and instead of playing the correct message the old message plays, even if I have deleted it.

- People not being able to hear me.

Both these problems go away when I switch back to the LTE network. Are you seeing the same kinds of problems? I may try swapping my network and I'll report in if things are better/worse.
See our Youtube page for info about smart homes, great audio and more.

[Link: youtube.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse