Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday November 7, 2019 at 22:54
Audiophiliac
August 2006
I have a client for whom we installed 4 Araknis APs and they have horrible experience with Wi-Fi calling. She uses iPhone. He uses a Samsung Galaxy. I originally had it set up as a single SSID, band steering and fast roaming on. After they complained, I started reading around and decided to try separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5. I turned off both band steering and fast roaming. I had good results with my phone walking around the property on a call and not getting disconnected. They are saying it is still pretty sketchy and seemingly getting gradually worse.

At this point, i an not sure if it's something I need to change in the Araknis 110 router or what. They use AT&T cell service which has mediocre signal at their home. Maybe I should just try a cell booster instead of fighting the wifi calling issues.

We had another job with similar issues and we ended up swapping from Araknis to pakedge. Client said the wifi calling was great after the switch. Who knows. Other clients with Araknis WAPs do not complain so I don't know if they are just not using WiFi calling or what.

It would be useful for manufacturers to publish known issues, fixes, workarounds, and "if you use wifi calling on iOS devices, just shop elsewhere" warnings and white papers for at least dealers.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse