The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday October 18, 2019 at 20:07
rpssat
Long Time Member
August 2012
To bad the big dish went the way of the dodo bird, so many dishes trashed, I picked up so many free and reinstalled them for our customers. If it was still as strong as it was 30 years ago 4k and 8k would be no problem.

I get lots of 4k HD feeds on my big dish, pic is excellent, so me with a BUD I'm ready for 8k. Compression tech keeps getting better, my current 4k receiver is h265 dvb-S2X. I know NHK in Japan has been testing 8k via satellite distribution for a while, and I know SES did using some older compression tech. [Link: ses.com]

But for normal people, the only way will be high speed internet and places like netflix. Will the future 8k sets still have the same shape or will them mimic the cinema type screens?

I will not get one for myself till I hear about some regular sporting events and stuff going up in 8k, then I will get what I need to tune them in, even if it's another PCI based satellite tuner card. I'm ready for 8k!

Hard to say if I'll push them anytime soon, unless customer is asking, or after a generation or two come out from the big boys so issues get ironed out.

Hosting Services by ipHouse