Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 52 made on Thursday October 10, 2019 at 09:46
drewski300
January 2007
Ribeye must have a prime rating minimum. If you can find a place that ages the beef even better. I find that dry aging however does tend to leave a super tender yet drier finished product. I've looked into wet aging but have never tried it.

Grilling is usually the last resort IMO unless you have a pellet grill (Traeger). I prefer cast iron for the best results because it sits in the marinade/juices. Get the pan hot and sear the steak on both sides. You can throw it into the oven to finish off or as Tommy from MN (shout out) said, 4-5 mins on either side and let sit. The thickness of the cut is the most important determiner in this. If it is super thick or very thin, you have to adjust your times. I prefer to foil it while sitting because that helps keep the moisture in.

As far as a marinade, I like simple olive oil, salt, and pepper or I've even used salsa. But I think salsa is better suited for grilling. Regarding salt, don't use that table salt shit. Use real extra coarse unrefined salt. Celtic sea salt is great or I purchased this Colima salt that is amazing. I like garlic so I prefer to use minced garlic over garlic powder.
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse