The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 72 made on Sunday September 15, 2019 at 19:02
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On September 15, 2019 at 17:32, djy said...
Taking a step back for a moment, I think one will find it's the IPCC focusing on CO2 not I.

maybe and I addressed that many pages back and agreed with you. I think it gets a worst wrap then iot deserves. But that being said the IPCC is not here to debate the subject, it is me and you. And even though this is no where near my fuield of expertise if you have something better to bring up please do so.

Following the modus operandi of politicians from time immemorial, they are stoking the fears of the unknown as a means of control.

maybe, but when my friends place got flooded this spring and two years ago because his house is on the border of the hundred years flood plain, it does not take a genius to figure out that global warming + melting glaciers mean that the water level will get higher I don't need fear mongering or crackpots to understand what is happening.

You talk of stability, but what is 'stable' in a climate system which, in the UK, can see annual variations of 50°C and, regardless of atmospheric CO2

and here in Montreal area the temp goes from just above 30 in the summer to just below -30 in the winter and when you include stuff like humidex or wind chill there are days that beat 40 and -40.

even though I bitch and ask myself what I am doing here when I am outside and the temp is extreme, having 4 real seasons is one of the things I love about this place.

I know how they work and I don't go nuts every season. assume they mean anything more then they do.

No amount of CO2 being pumped into the atmosphere will stop the next glacial when it comes: that will be a climate catastrophe.

next glacial, next ultra warm period they will both be catastrophic. And yes maybe it will be futile and we can't make a difference. But you know what IMHO only losers give-up before even trying so, yeah if we can try and keep it stable by helping mother nature or working against it then I say let's go for it.

If I wanted colder or hotter I would be living somewhere else. Same if I to be closer or further from the water. Plus I love Chocolate and maple syrup. two things that are extremely particular when it comes to the environment.

Hosting Services by ipHouse