The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday September 9, 2019 at 18:59
randman
Long Time Member
June 2003
Well, I was never able to resolve the problem I mentioned in my original post. Running Windows 10 in a VM used to work, but something must have changed (either Windows or VMWare Fusion or my Windows configuration) that prevented me from being able to download. So, I just used an old 2011 MacBook Air running Windows 7 in Bootcamp to download my Pronto config. But, unfortunately, my old 2011 MacBook Air won't power on anymore (I suspect the power supply went bad, so I just ordered on).

Meanwhile, I installed PEP 2.4.23.0 in an MSI Laptop running Windows 10. With a USB mouse, USB keyboard, and the Pronto connected to a USB hub, the download would fail (gets stuck at 97% or so). The keyboard and mouse acted flaky (stopped working so I have to unplug them and plug them back in). Moreover, with the Pronto plugged into the hub, an E: drive would show up. Somehow, Windows thought the Pronto was an E: drive. So, I unplugged the USB hub, and connected the Pronto directly to my laptop. Problem solved!

So, hope things work for a while... I was afraid I'd have to purchase a Windows 7 license (I have a number of Windows 7 licenses, but they are all OEM, so theoretically, I can't reuse the OEM licenses in a new PC or VM). Anyway, I hope my old 2011 MacBook Air with Windows 7 bootcamp works once the power supply that I ordered arrives. I'd like a stable (i.e. doesn't change) laptop to use for Pronto so I don't have to worry about configuration changes or Windows software causing me problems with Pronto...

Hosting Services by ipHouse