The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 52 made on Sunday September 8, 2019 at 16:30
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On September 8, 2019 at 15:10, djy said...
CO2 is not a pollutant, as you seem to imply, but an essential life-giving gas and plant fertiliser.

I am not implying it is a "pollutant", like you admitted above "Yes, there are times when we can have too much of a good thing"

Has one not even considered the possibility of the previous low levels being a CO2 drought, rather than today’s level being an excess?

is it important? Venus has naturally a heavy atmosphere and the surface temperature is 462oC. Mars has a light atmosphere and it can reach 20oC (warmest). There is a reason we are talking about trip to Mars, there is no way to survive on Venus.

Let's assume you are righty and the high levels of 200M years -150M years ago for example should be what we consider "normal" does it matter? we were not around then, our bodies and the world we built for them was not build for such high levels and temperatures.

For me it is not about what is normal or natural, if a huge planet destroying asteroid was headed to earth I would hope that we find a way to stop it oand minimize its effect.

Last edited by Anthony on September 14, 2019 10:37.

Hosting Services by ipHouse