The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 49 made on Thursday September 5, 2019 at 20:52
Archibald "Harry" Tuttle
Advanced Member
May 2009
On September 5, 2019 at 17:03, Old Man River said...
I actually spoke to a colleague down in Houston that I used to occasionally work with, recently. He mentioned a guy that shifted his entire business to just installing the DIY gear for people, whether he supplied it, or they did, and he's apparently doing very well with that strategy. With the heavy shift towards Sonos I've been making over the last year, it almost seems like not that bad of an idea. One of my dirty reps met with me yesterday, and claims another dealer, albeit in a much larger market, was making $5k a week on Eero installs alone. Definitely something to consider.

Pretty sure I know the guy in Houston who does all the DIY jobs - talked to him about his new angled approach at business during a recent training. His crews are doing lots and lots of work, but I know we wouldn't last long dealing with those type clients. Just the thought of programming a Harmony remote makes me queasy.
I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's AV trouble, a man alone.

Hosting Services by ipHouse